Today is the anniversary of a great day! 30 years ago today my Skunk was born.
I am so thankful that he continues to make the world brighter, and my life happier.
In random order, 30 reasons my Skunk is awesome, and in no way nearly as stinky as a real Skunk.
2. He is super strong, but doesn't look like he is going to break someone with a hug.
3. He's willing to hug people. As in my grandma says he is the best hugger, and he's not afraid to hug my friends to say hello, or hug nieces and nephews goodbye. And it's not one of those weird awkward hugs, he actually means his hug.
4. He takes the dog out to go potty late at night when I feel scared to go.
5. He reads to me. This started when we were dating and has transferred into a mostly when we travel thing, but it is great. He's read me Harry Potter Books, the Last Olympian Series, parts of the Borne Identity, and basically anything else he thinks we might find interesting. The best part ....
6. He does the voices, and adds the sounds effects when he reads to me. As in, "achoo" John sneezed, or "ah-hum" he coughed. It makes the books so much better.
7. He is like astrophysicist smart, but he doesn't make others feel stupid....and he is not socially awkward about it. So yes, he can explain that thing you just said you have no idea about, but he is smart enough to know that there is a time and place to explain it, and that some people really don't want to know or even care, so he doesn't brag or share what he knows unless the audience is right.
8. He squashes bugs, spiders, and any other creepy crawly that no one wants to deal with.
9. He genuinely wants to help people, and is okay with his wife volunteering his brains or brawn to help. Even when it means a sore back the rest of the week.
10. He is quick witted, and super funny.
11. He loves God, and is an amazing spiritual leader in our house hold. He prays over us when we need it, or when I am in a terrible mood, he blesses our food, and he encourages my alone time with God.
12. He is awesome with kids. As in rolling around on the floor, throwing them into the air, and racing around with them. And kids tend to love him. As in my nephew asks to talk to me on the phone, only so he can ask for his uncle. Maniacal laugh, yes I am the gateway to the uncle!
13. When I come downstairs he pauses his video game right away to hear when I have to say.
14. He brings a blow dart gun to a rat hunt. Blow dart gun as in, whoosh the power of his breath! You can read about it here.
15. He winks frequently.
16. He knows several songs by heart and sings them to me. The better part, in college he used to sing them over the PA system at the gas station he worked at when he was bored, or needed a little more joy during his shift.
17. He's very secure in who he is, and not afraid to show it. This makes him so easy to love, and amazing to be around.
18. He works out, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah.
19. He sets up all the technology stuff in the house, car, and makes sure the computer runs smooth
20. He doesn't get angry easy, even when I ask him to pose for silly pictures.
21. He is super ticklish and laughs so cute.
22. He remembers to kiss me before eating black licorice since I hate the taste.
23. He tries everything I cook even when it looks or smells bad, or after I've already labeled it as disgusting.
24. He dances in the kitchen with me.
25. On a regular basis, he checks in on how I think our relationship is going, and if there is anything I would like to be different.
26. He can do a back flip. And does.
27. He's started wearing shoes while running since barefoot running in the sun makes his feet burn, and his wife worry.
28. He'll try watching a show he doesn't think he'll like just because I like it.
29. He works REALLY hard, and doesn't complain when things go unappreciated.
30. He likes to play and be silly. If that means wrapping himself up in bubble wrap so be it.
There are so many more reasons why my Skunk is simply amazing, and keeps me infatuated with him everyday. Its a wonder his head is normal sized even though he is so amazing that it could be gigantic.He is Amazing, and I am honored to get to know him and love him.
Happy Birthday Skunk!