Thursday, April 3, 2014

Glimpses of Awesome.

I've met a lot of people over the years, and there are times when I think of it, and I am struck by just how amazing people can be, and how lucky I've been to get to experience them. Many of these people I'm not really in touch with anymore, sure we're facebook friends, but that's not real; that's just an opportunity to voyeur in on the things people find good enough or picture perfect enough to post to people they care about, met once, or despised in high school but for some reason now want to check in on. So, no although it quenches that need to find out what ever happened to so-and-so, facebook doesn't fit my bill for friendship. However, it is an avenue to get glimpses of a person's awesomeness.

There is a part of me that feels like I should feel sad for not being in contact with before mentioned amazing people, but in reality I not. Instead I just feel honored that I got to know how truly amazing they were at one time, and that for maybe a moment I was part of that. Because in reality if I once thought you were even a little amazing, I likely still think you show up that way for everyone around you every day. That means, you rock it, daily. Way to go you (or at least my minds version of you).

Everyday we have the opportunity to glimpse awesomeness all around us, sure with some people it is way easier to see, but in reality we are all capable of being truly amazing as long as we are real, and believe in our own worth. And when others believe in that worth along with us, it can be like magic, I'm talking doves farting out rainbows kind of good. So, dear reader today remember you are worthy, you are inspiring, and I'm honored to have once been able to call you friend. I'm glad your light doesn't diminish with distance, because I can still see it from here. Shine on girl, and spread it around ! The world needs more glimpses of Awesome, and you give all of us an eye full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEK, you continue to inspire us from a distance. You are top echelon...AWESOME. Thank you for continuing to find the best in every situation and passing that gift to others.

Much Love,
M & J from Mich